my name is Andrea Barberio, and this is my home. Welcome.
I work as Production Engineer at Facebook. I focus on product and infrastructure
reliability, and previously I worked on datacenter automation and open source
More about my work life on my résumé
or on my LinkedIn page.
Alternatively, write me an email.
I’m also on Mastodon, @firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking for Dublin Traceroute, you’ll find it here: https://dublin-traceroute.net . The Python bindings with visualization and statistic analysis are at https://github.com/insomniacslk/python-dublin-traceroute .
The Israel Institute of Technology had a few students working on
dublin-traceroute for their M.Sc., see their work at
https://github.com/CS236340/RocketFuel . Thanks to Itzik and his students!
Here are the slides of my talk Visualizing Multipath Networks with Dublin-Traceroute at MOCA 2016.
BitWarden setup with Tailscale and a Raspberry Pi
You can read about it here,
Private BitWarden setup with bitwarden_rs and Tailscale
Our work is cited in various places. Some of which I kept track of:
I’ve published my solutions to the fantastic
xorpd. Find it at
Some public projects I created:
- dublin-traceroute, my multipath traceroute with NAT support, and its Python bindings. Also in Debian’s testing repo, ArchLinux, and Slackware slackbuild. Packaged versions may be old
- dhcp, a DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 library written in Go, for protocol encoding/decoding, client and server. See examples at exdhcp
- coredhcp, a fast, multithreaded, modular and extensible DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 server written in Go
- irc-slack, an IRC-to-Slack gateway in case you want to use Slack from your IRC client
- systemboot, a LinuxBoot distribution for bootloaders based on u-root to implement boot from network and from local storage for LinuxBoot. Can be used to replace the UEFI firmware on supported hardware
- uefi (now fiano), a toolkit for parsing and manipulating UEFI images, now moved under linuxboot/fiano
- dublinbus, a Python client around DublinBus’s Real-Time Passenger Information (RTPI) API
- mailshare, a python module that I use to upload files from my phone and share them via my website, by just sending an email
And I also contribute to or maintain:
- LinuxBoot, a project to use Linux as your system firmware (e.g. instead of BIOS or UEFI). Some press coverage:
- u-root, an initramfs written in Go that, together with a Linux kernel, can replace most of UEFI firmwares. Part of the NERF project
- fbtftp, Facebook’s open-source dynamic TFTP server
- fbtracert, Facebook’s open-source multi-path traceroute
Some project I created for my Computer Forensics exams:
Other projects can be found on my
github page and my
I have helped with technical reviews of the following books and articles for O’Reilly:
I also host a mirror of PoC||GTFO