my name is Andrea Barberio, and this is my home. Welcome.
I spend my time playing with servers, firmware and networks at Facebook Engineering in Dublin.
More about my work life on my résumé
or on my LinkedIn page.
Alternatively, write me an email
If you are looking for Dublin Traceroute, you’ll find it here: https://dublin-traceroute.net . The Python bindings with visualization and statistic analysis are at https://github.com/insomniacslk/python-dublin-traceroute .
The Israel Institute of Technology had a few students working on
dublin-traceroute for their M.Sc., see their work at
https://github.com/CS236340/RocketFuel . Thanks to Itzik and his students!
The authors of Paris Traceroute have implemented my additional techniques in their tool, awesome!
Here are the slides of my talk Visualizing Multipath Networks with Dublin-Traceroute at MOCA 2016.
Some public projects I created:
- dublin-traceroute, my multipath traceroute with NAT support, and its Python bindings. Also in Debian’s testing repo, ArchLinux, and Slackware slackbuild. Packaged versions may be old
- dhcp, a DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 library written in Go, for protocol encoding/decoding, client and server. See examples at exdhcp
- coredhcp, a fast, multithreaded, modular and extensible DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 server written in Go
- irc-slack, an IRC-to-Slack gateway in case you want to use Slack from your IRC client
- systemboot, a LinuxBoot distribution for bootloaders based on u-root to implement boot from network and from local storage for LinuxBoot. Can be used to replace the UEFI firmware on supported hardware
- dublinbus, a Python client around DublinBus’s Real-Time Passenger Information (RTPI) API
- mailshare, a python module that I use to upload files from my phone and share them via my website, by just sending an email
And I also contribute to or maintain:
- LinuxBoot, a project to use Linux as your system firmware (e.g. instead of BIOS or UEFI). Some press coverage:
- u-root, an initramfs written in Go that, together with a Linux kernel, can replace most of UEFI firmwares. Part of the NERF project
- fbtftp, Facebook’s open-source dynamic TFTP server
- fbtracert, Facebook’s open-source multi-path traceroute
Some project I created for my Computer Forensics exams:
Other projects can be found on my
github page and my
I also host a mirror of PoC||GTFO